This notice explains how information about you is used by the British Palomino Society
The information we gather
The British Palomino Society (BPS) gathers certain information about you. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means the BPS.
Information that we gather about you may include, without limitation, your name, contact details, date of birth and gender.
Information about third parties
Information we process as described in this notice may also include information about third parties whose details you supply to us.
Systems used to process data
We gather information directly from you and also via our websites and other technical systems. These may include, for example, our:
· computer networks and connections
· communications systems
· email and instant messaging systems
· intranet and Internet facilities
· telephones, voicemail, mobile phone records
· and other hardware and software owned, used or provided by or on behalf of us.
When you use our website we may gather information about you through Internet access logs, cookies and other technical means. ‘Cookies’ are text files placed on your computer to collect Internet log information and user behaviour information. These are used to track website usage and monitor website activity and for other data processing reasons set out below.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, please the Society Company Secretary.
Reasons for processing
We process information about you for the following reasons:
· to fulfill contractual obligations that we may have as a result of your membership with us
· compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
· gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests
· operational reasons, such as providing information to you about the WPCS and its activities and undertakings
· ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information
· security vetting, investigating complaints and allegations of criminal offences
· statistical analysis
· to allow you to participate in interactive features included on our website
· in order to provide you with our newsletter and magazines (from time to time);
· analyzing your membership preferences and improving our services
· providing support services to you as part of our membership
Disclosures and exchange of information
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies for the above reasons.
Information may be held at council member’s residential addresses. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold about you.
Sensitive personal data
You may also supply us with sensitive personal data relating to your physical or mental health, or criminal record, which is gathered for the following purposes:
· Being a council member and or a panel judge.
· Relevant Authorities.
We will usually only collect and record sensitive personal data with your prior consent. However, occasionally we may do so without consent where required or permitted to do so by applicable law (eg to comply with diversity reporting requirements). We may disclose your sensitive personal data to
· Relevant Authorities.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to correct or request (in accordance with applicable law) information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions in relation to the above. We may charge a small fee for providing personal data about you as permitted by applicable law.
2nd April 2018