Show Guide - Ridden
SHOWING A PALOMINO IN BPS AFFILIATED CLASSES – TURN-OUT RULES AND TIPS
TURN-OUT FOR BPS AFFILIATED RIDDEN CLASSES
- All horses must be 4 yrs old and over
- Shown suitable to type
- Mane & tail – may be plaited, pulled, natural or hogged
- No falsification of markings – ie creating white markings where they don’t already exist
- Hooves – do not paint white hooves black (that would fall under falsification of markings) clear oil is best so that the natural colour of the hoof shows through
- Highlighting of facial features should be kept to a minimum. The aim is to extenuate the features
- Trimming of tactile hairs around muzzle – the society recognises that this is a common practice; however the removal of these hairs should be avoided
- Tactile hairs around the eyes should not be removed
- Saddle comfortable and well fitting
- Use of a plain coloured numnah is optional (saddle shaped). Saddle cloths or square pads are not permitted
- Bridle – well fitted and suitable
- Cavasson nosebands ONLY
- Bits – snaffle, pelham or double
- No extra tack, for example – breast plates, martingales, etc. A neck strap could be overlooked for a novice horse or rider
- No boots to be worn
- Coloured browbands are permitted but too much ‘bling’ should be avoided
- No advertising of sponsors or studs to be displayed on tack
- Hat – up to current standard with 3 point harness
- No spurs for those under 16 years
- Jodhpurs/breeches – canary or beige – No white ones for showing!
- Boots – Jodhpur boots for juniors. Long riding boots for adults or boots with gaiters may be worn, but not chaps
- Jacket – well fitting tweed or dark colour (navy, black, brown)
- Gloves – must be worn – no white ones for showing
- Hair – Ladies use hairnets please!
- Jewellery should be avoided
- No advertising of sponsors or studs to be displayed on clothing
Don’t forget your membership card!
You may be asked for it by the ring steward in both in-hand and ridden affiliated classes.
For more information Email dawnC@thebritishpalominosociety.co.uk